Men. Christmas. Presents

I can't talk for others, but when it comes to buying presents I sweat like Mike Tyson at a spelling test. Especially when I have to do this for my wife, particularly for Christmas, specifically 2 days before Christmas. I want her presents to be special, she just wants them to be offered with love, but I'm a man, so I know better :).

The presents should not be that expensive, as those have already been bought together. And you can't just go ahead and by a black laptop! Come on, what colour is that for a laptop? Anyway, I need something that's not very pricey, not more than, say, 800 euros :D (kiddiiiiing!)



Then they should reflect something she likes. Something intellectual, that's always an easy getaway :), so books it is! Plenty of supply on the market. Checked! But when you think of it, it cannot and should not be enough, a  human being is more complex than that. You can't just leave it to the intellectual side, it would be like having a new girlfriend whom you respect and keep respecting for 3 months. And counting. I mean, respecting is fine, but there are so many other flavours around, if you catch my drift!

Anyway, back to the presents, I was looking for something neither expensive nor very cheap, neither too stylish (style is as beauty, in the eye of the beholder) nor too McDonald-ish, nor intellectual (she'd get my point with the books, remember?), nor geeky, self-evidently no ladle/colander or something corny of this kind. Shoes, clothes - ruled out, they need to be tried on first.

So here I am, sitting on the couch, alone with my predicament, trying the fire escape: music, she likes music! But we have everything in house, all 2 million songs in the world we have them. Wait a minute, we're missing an album, Mick Jagger's, we heard the song in a store about a week ago. If I only knew what that was again. She told me then, I nodded in acknowledgement, but actually I meant that I'd heard of Mick Jagger, not that I knew the song slash album!

I gave up trying to find a present staying at home and I decided to really go shopping, in a strong hope that I'd meet my muse somewhere among the stuffed shops. I put the little one in the buggy and off we went to the shopping centre. However, no trace of a muse whatsoever (no rhyme intended) but instead a continuously growing feeling that I'd go for something to wear: scarves or perfumes. And as I could not come home with the seventeenth scarf (the first sixteen are lovely gifts of mine too) I decided to try my luck in the perfumery.

And nothing beats the experience of two men in the realm of the scent mongers!
To be continued ...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother of Inventions. And More

Memories